Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Fairy Tale Romance...sort of.

Hello, All! I'm The Captain. Er...that's not really my name, of course. But that's what Hubs calls me all the time. Hubs, obviously, is my husband. We've been married for three months now. And everything about our relationship has always been kind of...odd.

For example, the way we met seemed to come straight out of a fairy tale romance...assuming, of course, your idea of a fairy tale includes intoxicated strippers, a case of Miller Lite, a tattoo of the Grim Reaper, and half a pack of Turkish Royals. That's right. My introduction to Hubs took place while I was dancing the cupid shuffle in nothing but a pair of platforms and a garter. I've always liked to do things thoroughly, and I guess in that sense, he got to know the "real me" PDQ. After my stage set, I proceeded to interrogate him about his tattoos and long hair. He slowly unloaded the case of beer behind the bar, and I chain smoked like a chimney. We were both trying to stretch out the conversation I think.

He was a gentleman though, and we became instant friends. Three years later, we said our "I Do's", and now I'm no longer a dancer, but a happy little housewife. Or well...I'm trying to be. It just doesn't seem to be working out so great.

So I've made this blog to detail some of my adventures as a domestic engineer. Most of my stories are pretty funny. Some of them are just downright "facepalm" sad. Hopefully we'll manage to share a few laughs at my expense. 

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment